When in South Haven a couple of weeks ago, I decided to get out on the water. What better way to do it than by taking a sunset cruise on Friends Good Will. FGW is a tall ship replica that was built about five years ago – it is harbored in South Haven at the Maritime Museum.
The original ship was built in 1811 and at different times was a commercial vessel as well as taking part in the War of 1812.
I took this picture as we were heading out of the harbor. It was a beautiful night for a two hour cruise.
Upon returning to shore I hopped in my car and headed straight for the North Pier, where I was able to grab a photo of the moon lazily setting over the horizon.
Lastly, I liked this “phantom” boat photo. 8 second shutter allows the port and stern lights of the boat to glide along. Notice the stern light from the speedboat beyond the lighthouse.
No comments:
Post a Comment