Ever since moving to Indiana, I have been quite intrigued with farming. Prior to that, I never thought about the elements that go into farming – didn’t really care. But after getting to know some farmers down here and seeing fields every single day, my interest and appreciation for the labor of the land has greatly increased.
Today I had the opportunity to go along for a ride in a combine that was harvesting corn. I asked a bunch of questions and learned a lot about how that huge piece of equipment works as well as about farming in general.
Needless to say, I took my camera along. I didn’t take many in the cab because the last thing I wanted was to get in Mike’s way. So, here are just a few.
Lisa, you told me not to eat the corn. Oops.
Ahhh, memories of my childhood! I used to spend endless hours riding with my dad during harvest (and planting) season. The smell of the dust is still in my head. Great memories!
ReplyDeleteGlad you got to experience this great part of Indiana culture!