Yesterday was such a gorgeous day in Indiana that Lisa and I decided to travel to Turkey Run State Park. It would be a beautiful day for a drive as well as heading to a park where we have never been before.
There was one thing I was certain of: there would not be a single leaf left on any trees. The time for fall foliage viewing had long come and gone (too quickly, too!). This would be a trip of uncertain reward.
I am so glad we went! It was so good to breathe in some fresh air, check out the park, and share the great outdoors with a ton of other people (that we didn’t know!). As I reflect upon that trip and look back at my photos, I am really excited about heading back there sometime next year. There is something about trees being “naked” that encourages ones imagination to run wild: What would that tree look like with leaves? What colors do they proudly represent in October? What type of critters use the leaves for cover in the spring?
Having a camera in my hand is such a liberating feeling. Capturing images that I’m drawn to as well as imagining the potential of nature around me is truly fun – and therapeutic. More about that in a future post.
Glad you got enjoy my favorite IN park!
ReplyDelete