Friday, December 18, 2009

A Park Revisted

It has been quite some time since I have been able to get out in nature and take some photos.  With a very busy few weeks behind me, I decided to brave the tolerable temperatures and head out to a small, local park.   Hertage Park sits along the White River and has some small trails, both paved and natural..  My goal for my photo walk today was to get my feet muddy (check), see the river (check), sit my butt on the ground (check) and shoot some black and white shots (check).

As I was walking down one of the trails it was my desire to find unique photo opportunities.  I knew this park well since I worked for the town Parks Department for almost a couple of years when we first moved to Indiana.  I wanted to see the park as a photographer, not as a former caretaker.

My eyes were drawn to the many number of fallen trees.  The nakedness of the trees wthout the leaves really lended itself to some B&W shots.  I took the shot because I liked the pair of trunks laying sided by side and the holes that were naturally created in the center.  (I wonder what kind of critters used that as shelter?)





I sat my rear end on the ground to take this.  I also found out it might have been a good idea to put the boots on that I had in the trunk.  Dirty!  (That's the way I like it, uh huh!)  :)

1 comment: