It’s taken me a while to process the photos from my South Haven trip. Part of my intrigue with photography is the editing process that occurs after the shoot. There is something peaceful about sitting at a computer and trying to make my photos as good as possible. Plus, I’m a computer geek, so….enough said.
Sunday was a very snowy day. It began snowing Christmas Day and just wouldn’t let up. I was hoping for a couple of inches to help my photography efforts but the beauty of the snow that was falling was simply beautiful. It kept coming and coming. I drove around town that day trying to find a place to shoot and ended up at the Kal-Haven Trail, a park that was established years ago linking South Haven to Kalamazoo. This converted railroad trail gave many great photo opportunities.
Because the snow was so light and fluffy, it clung to the trees.
About one mile up the trail stood a covered bridge. The bridge spans the south fork of the Black River – it’s actually near the place where I proposed to Lisa. (Trust me, it wasn’t as romantic as it sounds. Let’s just say there was a good possibility we might have drowned.)
I loved how the trail and trees draws me into the picture.
Same shot as above, but converted to Black & White.
It was such a beautiful day, even though it was snowing like crazy. Something about a great walk on a great trail with snow falling all around me…completely invigorating.
No comments:
Post a Comment