Sunday, January 24, 2010

How Time Flies (hopefully....)

I am SO excited!  After a weekend of research, calendar checking, and talking with the friend who is going with me, plans are official for our trip to Yosemite!  Airline tickets were purchased today and now....
I...
         must....
                                                                              wait.

(I'm not good at waiting).

In addition to that, I will be spending a couple days in San Francisco and a couple more up in Sonoma County -- time to let the camera fly!  This is the first real photography trip I am taking and I am very fortunate to be going with another Nikon Nut as well.  Tonight, as I was browsing through my shots from the 2007 trip, I was blatantly reminded that there is SO MUCH I want to capture with my camera...and my soul.

I am definitely looking forward to the photo opportunities.  Even more, however, I'm looking forward to the peace provided in a place like Yosemite.  The sights, the smells, the stillness.....standing on top of a granite mountain or laying down in a lush meadow (taking a nap, of course!)

There are a couple things to take care of over the next five months, but one stands out.

Excercise.

I'm going to have to get my 38-year old lazy body in better shape if I'm going to attempt any hiking. 

Can't wait.



No comments:

Post a Comment