Sunday, February 28, 2010

Memories…

Well, with the turn of the calendar toward March tomorrow, I thought it would be a good idea to go through some old photos and post some that would inspire my thinking towards the warmer weather that MUST be around the corner…somewhere.

At this time last year I was vacationing down in St. Augustine Beach, FL.  My parents were on their annual month-long excursion to the south with their fifth-wheel….I needed a break from the weather and some health issues I had….and our schedules coincided nicely.  It was a good, relaxing time – in addition to being just a couple months after I purchased my D80. 

So, in honor of that trip and the desire for warmer weather “up north”, I post these photos.

DSC_0133 I stayed at Anastasia State Park, located right on the shore.  Just a short walk from the beach was this pier, full of fishermen trying for their daily catch.  It would’ve cost me $2 to walk out on the pier.  So I’m cheap. 

DSC_0043

Just a stones throw away from the campground stood this amazing lighthouse.  The palm branches in the foreground just make me feel a warm and fuzzy inside!

DSC_0044

 

  DSC_0093

No comments:

Post a Comment