Saturday, November 20, 2010

You Smell That? Part II

Today was a special day -- Lisa and I were able to spend some time together running around town doing some shopping for groceries.  We were on the lookout for a few things to get us prepared for Thanksgiving as well as an upcoming party with friends.  To be honest, I only had one thing on my mind:  to find the ingredients to make a couple batches of Chex Party Mix.

I have memories of my mom making that great snack even when I was a little kid.  Who knew that taking some cereal, pretzels, peanuts, spices and baking them in the oven would make for a tasty treat?  My mouth and tummy are both equally thankful!

Here are just a few shots of the deliciousness!



** See the square pretzel in the lower right of the above photo?  See all that goop crusted on it?  OH MY -- that's the BEST!  (Can anyone say 'butter?')

Our kitchen was busy tonight -- my wife made homemade pasta sauce with fresh meatballs and italian sausage from Whole Foods. Yummy in the Tummy...


No comments:

Post a Comment