I’ve been working on a project for our family this summer. I actually took all of the photo albums that my parents had in their home and brought them to mine where I have begun scanning all the images into the computer in order to have a “digital copy” of our memories.
I have been blown away by the pictures I have seen, mostly the ones of me as a tiny, tiny baby. What a great tool photos can be to help us remember the past! Sad thing is, many people, myself included, have done a poor job in hanging onto photos of years past. I don’t have ONE picture of my life from my college years until I got married – a span of about ten years. I miss those days and all the great memories, but only can remember the fuzzy details in my poor brain.
Not having children makes it different, too. I see all the photos my friends and brother and sister have of their kids – there is only so many photos of inanimate objects I can take. Maybe I can go rent some children to make them the subject of my art. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment