For the past few days I have spent some time in South Haven. Lisa and I arrived on Christmas Day with no snow on the ground. I said a little prayer asking for just a little snow to help my goal of taking some photos while on vacation. Thirty-six hours later…almost TEN inches of snow. (Thanks, God!).
Lisa went back to Indiana on Saturday so I’ve spent most of my time outdoors, rompin’ through the snow drifts and sucking in some amazingly fresh air. I think I’ve had my share of snow and thirty mile-an-hour winds now. Maybe I’ll say another quick prayer asking God for some unseasonably warm temperatures in Indiana. No more snow. PLEASE!
I have enough decent shots to devote two or three posts to my vacation. These pictures are focused on the pier, and Lake Michigan. The first day of shooting was very calm with a lot of snow showers. The second day was VERY windy – I don’t think I’ve been blown around so much in my life – spent a lot of time on the north and south beach, covered with snow and eight foot waves.
I am amazed and what a little wind can do. In addition to the waves pounding the pierheads and the beaches, the wind crafted startling drifts among the snow fences.
From the South Beach. The wind contributed to some camera shake, and really did a number on the south pier as well.
These next two photos do not accurately describe the force of the waves. amazing.
This final photo was taken using three different shots (with three different exposures) merged into one – hdr photography. I used an eight-second shutter as well.
More to come in future posts, including some photos of snow-covered trees and a covered bridge.
fabulous! wish I could be there with you
ReplyDelete